Effective Ab Workout for Women and Girls
Getting great abs can be easily achieved if you know the proper techniques. While they can be achieved by some hard workout sessions and by spending a lot of time, there are some methods which require lesser efforts and lesser time but gives you better results. Here are a few effective ab workout for women that will make sure you get great abs without sweating a lot.
Ab Workout for Women at Home
These are simple workout moves that don't require any instruments or tools. You can do them from the comfort of your home, still getting great results.
- Spiderman Plank Crunch: Keep your forearms on the floor, body perfectly straight and start the normal plank. Now, try to bring your right knee closer to your right elbow, and go back to the plank position. Then bring your left knee close to your left elbow. Repeat the process 10 times.
- Cable Rotation: Hold a cable and stand straight, taking your hands out at shoulder height. Keep your arms fixed and your abs stretched. Now, take your body to the left, then to the right. Repeat the process for 10 reps.
- Bicycle Crunch: Lie on a flat surface and take your hands behind your head. Now raise your feet to 90 degrees. Bring your right elbow towards your left knee, and then repeat for the opposite side. Hold the elbows there for 60 seconds.
- Cross Crunch: Lie on a flat surface on your back, and place your legs diagonally to form an X. keep your arms and legs straight. Now take your right hand towards the left foot and left hand towards the right foot. Lift your head, neck and shoulder off the ground. Repeat for 10 reps.
- Swiss-ball Rollout: Kneel on a mat and keep your hands on the Swiss stability ball. Now keep your back straight, and stretch your abs. Roll the ball as far as you can then roll it back towards you. Do two sets of 10 rollouts each.
Ab Workout for Women in Gym
While working out in a gym, you have many accessories to make your workout more effective. If you can make a schedule of visiting a gym every day, nothing can be better than that. Here are top-5 moves that you can perform in a gym:
- Stability Ball Pelvic Tilt Crunch Get a medicine ball and lie faceup on it. Keep your back and head pressed on the ball. Now brace your abs and crunch until your shoulders go off the ball.
- Walk the Plank and Rotate Get positioned in plank with keeping your hands up for 12 to 18 inches. Put your weight on the left arm, and rotate your body. Now rotate your right arm down to the right side of the bench, and then your left arm to the left side of the bench.
- Arm Pull Over Straight-Leg Crunch Get a pair of dumbbells. Lie on a surface on your back with your hands behind you. Now extend your legs to 45 degrees. Bring your arms over your chest and raise your shoulders off the surface. Now raise your legs to make them perpendicular to the floor.
- The Matrix Get a medicine ball and kneel on the floor keeping your knees hip-width apart. Now press your abs against the ball. Slowly lean back and hold the position for 3 seconds.
- Nose-to-Knee Crunch Grab a stability ball and get in plank position keeping your hands shoulder-width apart. Bring your right knee towards your chest and hold there for a second. Then get back to the initial position.