Vegetarian Weight Loss Diet Plan
To maintain a healthy body, a healthy nutritious diet plays an essential role. These days most of the people are going for a vegetarian diet. Non-vegetarians believe that, meat, like chicken, fish, mutton provides the nutrition for a body which helps in losing the weight. But it is not true in all the cases. Veg diet is the one that can help in losing the wait, while providing sufficient nutrients to the body which is required. There are many unknown advantages in veg diet that people should not ignore them.
Advantages of Vegetarian Diet
- Lowers cholesterol levels than meat-eaters
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Helps prevent cancer
- Vegetarian diet consumes few calories
- Avoids unnecessary fats
- Vegetarian diet plays vital role in weight loss
How to weight loss by Veg Diet?
If you are a pure non-vegetarian, it will be difficult for you to change to a vegetarian. Start slowly with a 5-7 diet plan and check the difference that you experience in your body. If you are planning for a vegetarian diet, then start with a good diet plan and maintain it. Vegetarian diet includes a lot of nutrients, proteins, fiber and essential vitamins that vegetable holds.
Top 5 Weight Loss Vegetarians Foods
Sample Vegetarian Diet Plan for Weight Loss
- Green Leafy Vegetables These vegetables contain vitamins, minerals, nutrients, antioxidants, proteins and fibers. Vegetables like Kale, Spinach, Broccoli etc have low calories and helps in reducing excess fat in our body.
- Nuts and Seeds The nuts and seeds contain fiber, proteins, vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. Flaxseeds, Sesame seeds, Almonds, Walnuts, Peanuts, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds are the nuts and seeds which not only keep our heart healthy but also lower our cholesterol. It strengthens our bones and brain functionality. These should be added to our diet plan but in a limited quantity.
- Beans and Soya products These food products contain proteins, nutrients and soluble fibers. The soy products like Soya Beans, Tofu, Kidney beans, Baked Beans, Chickpeas, Lentils, Black Beans reduces our appetite and increases our metabolic rate.
- Cereals and Grains Wheat Bread, Muesli, Brown Rice, Oats, Porridge, Semolina, Barley are good to add in our veg diet. These grains have ample amount of nutrients, iron, zinc, which gives energy to our body.
- Fruits Fruits contain low calories and huge amount of fiber, vitamins, minerals, nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits are good for weight loss diet. For losing weight, eat fruits which have rich water content like watermelon, apple, orange.
Morning - Start your day with lukewarm water and add honey and lemon juice to it. This removes harmful toxins from your body.
Breakfast - Take brown bread, skimmed milk with oats/cornflaks or take sprouts or else fruit salads.
Morning snack - Take handful of nuts or almonds. This will satiate your hunger.
Lunch - Avoid oil food and prefer salads, mashed sweet potatoes, and roasted carrots
Evening Snack - Sprouts, apple, cucumber, carrots.
Dinner - Take light food before you go to sleep. Drink skimmed milk if you didn't had it for breakfast or else eat fruits