7 Best Foods that Protect Your Heart
Do you know 7 best foods that can protect your heart and give you a healthier life? There are certain healthy foods which can reduce your heart disease risk dramatically. Let us understand more about these seven food items one by one.
- Avocado: Avocado milk-shake is loved by kids and adults equally. Now you have another good reason to love this creamy, green super-food. Avocados are filled with mono-saturated fatty acids that help in lowering down your cholesterol level and avoid clotting of blood. It also contains potassium that controls blood pressure. Avocado is a tasty food that keeps your heart fit in the long run.
- Walnuts: The second food in the series of 7 best foods that can protect your heart is Walnut. Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that reduce the heart disease risk. A study has revealed that even a handful of walnuts every day can cut down heart-related disease risk by 40 per cent.
- Chocolate: Rejoice, Chocoholics! Dark chocolates can reduce the risk of stroke and hence protect your heart. One ounce a day of dark chocolate twice or thrice a week keeps your heart very strong by increasing flexibility in your arteries. It also prevents the white blood cells from sticking to the walls of your blood vessels. That is how it prevents atherosclerosis which is hardening of arteries that may lead to a stroke.
- Garlic: Garlic enhances the flavour of any dish. Besides, freshly crushed garlic can reduce blood pressure and cholesterol while improving blood flow in your body. Experts believe thatfresh garlic is healthier and more effective than the processed one.
- Lentils: Next food item in the series of 7 best foods that protect your heart are lentils. Lentils boost the health of heart because of their high magnesium, folate (Vitamin B9) and fibre content. It certainly is a super-food. It reduces inflammation and is capable of lowering heart disease risk by 80 per cent. Magnesium helps in reducing blood pressure whereas folate reduces the amount of damaging amino acids in your bloodstream.
- Asparagus: This super-foodcomprises Vitamin K that prevents blood clotting. It also consists of Potassium that helps in regulating your blood pressure. In addition to these, it also has two nutrients that reduce blood cholesterol. These nutrients are soluble fibre and saponins. Saponins are the nutrients that prevent excessive absorption of cholesterol in the digestive tract.
- Red Wine: Drinking red wine, in moderation, can help in reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. It contains good HDL cholesterol that makes it a heart-friendly drink. These are some of the many super-foods available that can protect your heart. To know more about such food items, you can go for A2ZDiet-Plan e-Book that describes overall benefits of these super-foods.
These are some of the many super-foods available that can protect your heart. To know more about such food items, you can go for A2ZDiet-Plan e-Book that describes overall benefits of these super-foods.